Tuesday Toning Total Body (pre-natal, or not!)
Jan 30, 2018
Although Baby Shane is pushing 3 weeks, we wanted to share one last pre-natal workout filmed exactly two weeks before he was born. Whether you're pregnant or not, this is a great all-over toner!
We have a fun and slightly different format for this one! Instead of time-based, this one is rep based and counts down in multiples of 4 each round. The goal is to keep moving throughout the entire workout without rest. For an added challenge, time how long it takes you to complete all reps (as quickly as possible, while doing so safely and with proper form!) and record this time. Then try to beat this time the next time you tackle this workout!
Perform each of the 4 exercises for 24 reps total (12/leg for step-ups), then dropping down 4 reps each round (round 2- 20 reps, round 3- 16 reps, round 4- 12 reps, round 5- 8 reps, round 6- 4 reps).
1. Step-ups with Knee Drive
- Begin with your left foot on the ground and right foot on the bench.
- Drive through all four corners of your right foot as you stand and drive your left knee to hip height.
- Slowly lower back down onto your left foot and then repeat sides.
- Be sure to keep your core engaged throughout!
2. Incline Push-ups
- Begin with your hands on a raised surface (such as a table) slightly wider than shoulder-width distance apart.
- Your body should be in a straight line from your head all the way down to your feet.
- Slowly lower down until you chest is hovering just above your hands (looking 6 inches in front of your hands, not down)
- Press back up through your hands into your starting position and repeat.
3. Tricep Dips
- Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a bench or stable chair.
- Slide your booty off the front of the bench with your legs extended in front of you.
- Begin with straight arm (slight micro-bend in your elbows to keep tension off of your elbow joints) and slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows reach a 90-degree angle.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows and return to starting position. Repeat.
4. Bench Squat Jumps
- Begin standing slightly in front of a bench with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Slowly sit back into a squat until you lightly tap the bench.
- Then drive through your heels and hop at the top.
- Land gently and slowly lower back into a squat and repeat.
If you like this, try our 7-day fitness challenge for FREE. Click here to sign up!