Tuesday Toning: Advanced Abs
Jan 23, 2018
We love following up a cardio workout with quick 6-8 minute abs! Perform the following circuit 3x (6 minutes) or 4x for an 8-minute burn.
- 4 exercise
- 3-4 rounds
- 30 seconds per exercise continuously
1. HOLLOW BODY ROCKS
- Lie on your back with your arms/legs extended and lower back pressed into the floor.
- Begin rocking back and forth maintaining your hollow body form (keep abs and glutes tight).
- Be sure to keep your pelvis tucked under and lower back touching the floor.
2. RUNNING MANS
- Begin in a boat position with your abs tight, "run" your elbow to opposing knee.
- Lower down a few inches and switch sides, maintaining a running motion.
3. STRAIGHT-LEG SIT-UPS
- Begin lying with your arms and legs extended long.
- Perform a full sit-up with your legs extended long and arms extended overhead reaching toward the ceiling.
- Lower back down slowly to your starting position and repeat.
- Your lower back should be pressed into the mat, not arching.
4. 3-WAY TOE TOUCH CRUNCHES
- Begin lying on your back with your arms and legs extended to the ceiling.
- Keeping tight abs and your lower back pressed into the ground, lift both shoulders off of the ground as you reach your hands up toward your toes.
- Slowly lower your shoulders back to the ground and repeat the movement to the left side of your feet.
- Keep repeating from center, left, center, right, center and so on.
If you like this, try our 7-day fitness challenge for FREE. Click here to sign up!