Healthy Holiday Turkey Meatballs
Try one of our favorite holiday recipes! Whether you're looking for a healthy appetizer to bring to a party this year (just grab a dipping sauce and toothpicks), or you'd like a deliciously filling and healthy meal (our favorite is serving them over spiraled zucchini), we've got you covered!
Serves: about 30, 1-inch meatballs
- 1 pound Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, minced (or about ½ Tbsp. dried)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix together onion, almond flour, garlic, cheese, hummus, salt, pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in ground turkey and mix gently until combined. Do not overwork. Form into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
SISSFiT Pick of the Week: Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey!
We often stuggle to find healthy, lean animal protein which is why we were so excited when we discovered Foster Farms Organic Free Range Ground Turkey!! Not only is this one of the most versatile proteins we have found (burgers, pasta sauces, meatloaf, meatballs, stir frys, lettuce wraps, casseroles, etc.), but it’s also one of the healthiest. Locally grown in California, certified organic and raised free-range with no antibiotics ever, while being fed a vegetarian diet…we’re sold! And, it’s affordable! We have already come up with so many fun and creative ways to incorporate this lean protein into our diets (see some of our old Instagram posts) and will definitely be continuing. Check it out, let us know what you think, and be sure to share your recipes with us on Instagram!