What's Your Favorite Post-Workout Drink Or Snack?
Photos by: Timothy Aukshunas
Ok, I don’t know if you guys feel the same way but finding the right post-workout drink has been SO hard for us. We love our high intensity workouts and know that we need to replenish shortly after, but we also don’t feel the need to throw back a dense protein shake after just a 30-45 minute workout...we aren’t running collegiate track and field anymore =D Not to mention, from our research it seems that the majority of protein shakes and powders we come across consist of some sketchy ingredients we can’t pronounce, are loaded with sugar and calories, or simply taste horrible. We typically aim for a quick, healthy, post-workout snack, but to be honest, we’re not all that consistent because a lot of times nothing sounds good after a hard workout and then about an hour later we’re ravenous for a meal which can often lead to less than optimal food choices. BUT when we recently discovered Apres we were very pleasantly surprised! Here are some of the top reasons this has quickly become our post-workout “go-to”:
1. Natural ingredients – non-GMO, vegan, gluten, dairy and soy free
2. Electrolytes + healthy fats - well rounded replenishment
3. 13g of plant protein - coming from pea, chia and hemp
3. Tastes delicious - light, creamy, and full of flavor
4. NOT a full meal replacement or calorie gut punch - only 180-190 calories, enough to hold you over for an hour or two while simultaneously helping your body to recover
5. Easy to travel with - although it tastes better cold, it doesn’t need to be refrigerated so you can throw one in a gym bag and take with you anywhere!
We could not be more thrilled to find something that tastes great and replenishes our bodies without weighing us down with unnecessary and unhealthy protein blends and calories. And, we finally feel like we have a worthy post-workout drink to share with our clients, which feels great because this is one of the top questions we are asked on a daily basis! We hope you love it as much as we do!!
Check them out here and use the code SISS15 for 15% off your first purchase!
L & K